Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Comic Cover of the Week

Happy New Comic Book Day! I was away for a bit, but I'm back and ready for action. While away, I visited New Orleans and made a stop at a shop called Crescent City Comics. You'll see it when I start showing off my Comic Shop Tour pictures.

Here are some of the new releases to look for today. First up is Thief of Thieves #14 which has Andy Diggle joining Robert Kirkman, Shawn Martinbrough and Felix Serrano. The highly anticipated (and slightly delayed) debut of X-Men #1 by Brian Wood and Olivier Coipel is another hot book out this week.

A third book you should check out this week also holds my favorite cover art. This week's pick is from an Image series I've been enjoying and would recommend to others. Here is Sonia Oback's cover for Mind the Gap #10.

Oback really shows out with this cover depicting the character known to readers only as "the hoodie." If you've been reading this series, this book will excite you as we finally learn the identity of the mystery man. The rain is simply gorgeous and really matches the tone of the book. Combined with the well-placed lighting and you have a beautiful image.

As I've already stated, I've been reading this book from the start and can't wait to pick it up each month. If you enjoy mysteries or just want to try something new, give this title a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment