Friday, March 29, 2013

Comic Cover of the Week

One of the biggest releases this week is Image Comics' East of West #1 from writer Jonathan Hickman and artist Nick Dragotta. Besides that and the other great books on shelves this week, G.I. Joe: Retaliation is in theaters (or theatres, if you'd prefer). Yes, I did see it. And yes, it is so much better than Rise of Cobra. Even though Rise of Cobra wasn't a great G.I. Joe flick, it was entertaining enough. But more on G.I. Joe later.

Let's get to some art. Check out Skottie Young's variant for Guardians of the Galaxy #1 featuring Groot and Rocket Raccoon.

How can you not like Young's art? His style is unique and a nice change-up from other artists. I will say I'm not the biggest Rocket Raccoon fan, but this is a fun image. The rocket t-shirt is a nice touch.

On the subject of art, check back later as I'll be showing off the first page of original comic book art I've ever purchased. It comes from one of my favorite books being published right now. Happy reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment