Sunday, December 23, 2012

Cover of the Week

If you survived the end of the world and you're reading this, good for you. If you didn't survive and you're reading this, I don't really know what to tell you except, well...good for you. In other words, blah blah blah, let's talk comics. It was a HUGE week for releases, due in part to Marvel's double-shipping schedule. But that's a story for another time. Beyond that load of Marvelous titles, a new book caught my eye. I saw the first two issues of Image Comics' Comeback, so I figured I'd check them out.

One of the many books I purchased this week was Astonishing X-Men #57 by Phil Noto. The center of attention is a young star by the name of Warbird.

I can't recall the first time I read a book Noto worked on, but the more I see his work, the more I appreciate it. And I'm getting a healthy dose of it in Dark Horse's Ghost. I am also a fan of Warbird; her character and design. I want to see her kick as much butt as possible. And she does that well. Plus, swords as a weapon of choice don't hurt. The aspect that stands out the most are the eyes. There's a lot conveyed through them here.

Thanks for looking and happy reading. Safe travels to anyone traveling for the holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment