Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Cover of the Week

Happy New Comic Book Day! Books were delayed at my shop due to Thanksgiving. Well...thanks. But they eventually came in, just a bit late. New books are in hand and set up for their reading order. Now we move on.

And what do we move on to? My cover of the week of course. Take a look at the retailer incentive cover for Ghostbusters #15 by Tristan Jones.

If you've been reading Ghostbusters, you'll recognize Jones' name from the back-up features running through the series. Once I saw this cover, it made the cut and won out after browsing the rest. If you don't recognize the image, it is from the Real Ghostbusters cartoon. It is near the ending of the intro where all these ghosts, ghouls, goblins with Slimer and Stay-Puft at the top, face-off against the Ghostbusters. Jones adds something to it though. The entities are certainly grittier and scarier, if you will, than they looked in the cartoon.

As a kid, the Real Ghostbusters cartoon had me hooked. I'm still waiting for more of it to be released on dvd. Just to see this image again is cool enough. I have to hand it to Jones for taking me back. Although it may not be far back considering I have some of the series on dvd and watched it within the last year or so. But you know what I mean.

Thanks for looking and happy reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment