Wednesday, July 11, 2012

SDCC 2012 - Preview Night Highlights

Happy New Comic Day! Well for some of us anyway. Many others have headed westward for San Diego Comic-Con. Yes, it's that time of the year. I love conventions for what they offer the fans. Basking in the nerdy atmosphere is something amazing. I've caught coverage of the show online and on tv and have wanted to go for years. In 2011, the pieces came together and I was able to make the trip. It was quite an event. With so many interests, comic books being numero uno, I always have something to keep me busy at conventions (not including Wizard shows...RIP). For the most part, SDCC was no exception.

Programming for the 4+ day event has been available on Comic-Con site for well over a week and they have some nice panels lined up. Each day of the con, beginning with tonight's Preview Night, I will post some highlights of the day's schedule. This series won't be my specific battleplan, but some panels and signings I would attend or would suggest to like-minded attendees.

Two parts of the show I would spotlight are writer Mike Carey's appearance (X-Men Legacy and Unwritten) and the many toy exclusives I want to add to my collection. So many awesome toys. If you are doing some toy hunting while at the show, I would definitely suggest lining up for them immediately. And those do begin on Preview Night.

The show floor is only open for three hours on Wednesday, so programming is limited to some film screenings. Ballroom 20 is madness and I would stay clear of it. However, if you feel the need and happen to have already been in line already, you can catch the pilot for Arrow, Green Arrow's television adventures will air on Wednesdays this fall on the CW. Revolution, another one hitting the small-screen in the fall on NBC, depicts a world where all the technology has blacked out.

And that wraps up Wednesday. Be back tomorrow and we can go through some of what's on tap for Thursday in San Diego. I can only imagine how amazing the weather will be. See ya tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment