Friday, July 13, 2012

Cover of the Week

I didn't post my cover of the week on Wednesday as I've done since I introduced it, but it's here. I have so much going on this week and that's not even including my online presence, but I'm working it out. This includes posting some of the panels from SDCC that I think might interest not only like-minded folks but fans in general. Even though Thursday is in the books, I will throw that schedule up along with Friday's. Might as well see it all the way through. You can catch those later. For now, let's get to some art.

There are some nice looking books on the shelves this week and that's not even counting the barrage of Walking Dead #100 covers that Image dropped on us. By the way, I grabbed Ryan Ottley's cover showing Michonne rocking that katana like noone else. But as good as that looked, it couldn't outlast the attack from the winner. Here is G.I. Joe #15. Check it out my friends.


We can thank Tommy Lee Edwards for this piece. I've always been a fan of the Vipers. They're one of my favorite fictional troops and I dig their design. Edwards depicts a squad of Vipers searching some tunnels. Maybe it's just my imagination (which it probably is), but I can picture them moving forward in military formations. That's not a stretch at all considering their basically soldiers. I like the Viper rappelling as well. Very nice piece.

That's my pick for the week. Let me know what you think of it. If you have another choice in mind, I'd love to hear what it is. Thanks for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment