Sunday, July 29, 2012

Christmas in July

MERRY CHRI--wait a second. *checks calendar* Hmm, it's still July...nevermind. Well, I don't remember when I first heard the phrase "Christmas in July" nor did I understand its meaning at the time. That's no longer true of course. As toy collectors though, Christmas kinda runs year round for us. And we love it. No decorations or music. All toys.


Retaliation Storm Shadow and Red Ninja as well as Marvel Legends Spider-Man (BIG TIME!) and Thunderball were adopted from Target. MU Iron Fist and DotM Jolt fought their way out of Wally World. The Masters of Evil conquered Hasbrotoyshop.com. The Ghostbusters busted all the ghosts on ebay to round out my haul for the month.

I wanted the SDCC Uncanny X-Force set and the Jinx figs, but missed out on them through several HTS restocks. I might be able to acquire them from some tankers over on Hisstank.com. I also wanted the NECA's SDCC Gears of War 3 Savage Theron and the MU Guardians of the Galaxy set (which is really only 2 figures since Rocket Raccoon is an inch tall or something).


I planned on skipping most or all of the Joe Retaliation figs, but I like this Storm Shadow's modern look. In case it's running through your mind, yes, I do have the Renegades Stormy as well. As far as the Red Ninja: it's a ninja. I really don't have much to say beyond that. With Retaliation going through it's problems, these could be the last Joes I'll pick up for the rest of the year.

I wasn't too sure about picking up Iron Fist seeing as how I have all three of his previous releases. The only reason I picked him up is because it appears he'll be rocking the white costume for sometime. If I didn't read comics, I would've left him on the peg. I already planned on liberating the Masters of Evil from their plastic prison, but I might enjoy them in their package for a bit. Call it an extended sentence.

I had been hoping I would catch Big Time Spidey and Thunderball at some point. I have FF Spidey and Piledriver already. As you'll see in a bit, Thunderball is huge. Spidey looks great. I was expecting more black, but I like this too.

I missed out on the Ghostbusters when they were first released. I actually didn't even know about Mattel's new series until much later. I have the GB2 TRU exclusive set, but I had to have these. And someone on Hisstank mentioned that Mattel actually cancelled the Ghostbusters line. That sucks.

Quick note on Jolt: this is the first Transformer toy I've owned since I was in grade school. I have another post lined up discussing him and TF in general, so be on the lookout for that later.

Who loves action shots? Great! If you didn't, well check out these shots anyway.





I told you Thunderball was huge.

Let's take a look at another entry in the eternal battle between good and evil.



Here's hoping Iron Fist has enough qi to fell Thunderball.


Maybe not.

What do you think of my haul? Have any of these in your collection? Let me know. I'm hoping my area sees new Marvel Universe stuff (unlikely), but they'll get posted if I find them. Thanks for looking. Keep collecting my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment