Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Cover of the Week

Happy New Comic Day! It's a beautiful day. And of course that means we should enjoy our comics even more, right? HA! It was a trick question friends. We're gonna love our comics regardless of the weather.

Now let's get to the art. Browsing this weeks releases, several books caught my eye. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #11 by Dan Duncan and I, Vampire #10 by Clayton Crain are two easy runner-ups. But in the end, a newcomer emerged victorious. So get your clap emoticons ready as we welcome the Hypernaturals #1 from Boom Studios to the ring of winners.


I like what Francesco Mattina did with this cover for several reasons. One of them is the use of two of my favorite colors, blue and purple. I don't really know what's going on in the background with the colors, but they almost look like moons. But don't quote me on that. Whatever they are, they look good. Moving onto the three characters, I like the vibe they give off. It's dark, mysterious, and possibly dangerous. To really make it pop, Mattina places them in front a bright white light. Good looking piece. I wonder how it reads.

Did anyone pre-order this book? Or perhaps plan to pick it up if your shop has it? I actually wish I would've pre-ordered it, I wouldn't mind checking it out. I might try and order it today. Happy reading everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment