Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Cover of the Week

Happy New Comic Day! Another day of new comics is upon us. What's everyone picking up? I'm looking at about 15 books. And you know what that means? I should have some damn good reading ahead of me. Unless they're all terrible. But come on, does that ever happen? No, my friend, it doesn't.

There are a few comics that could've been potential winners had my choice not been released today. That's not to say they didn't have a chance, but this pick means so much. If you follow me on twitter or just happen to know me, you probably could have predicted that my cover of the week belongs to Astonishing X-Men #51.



I picked this book because of what it means for comics and society. I'm an advocate for the LGBTQ community and fully endorse same-sex marriage. Being a fan of Northstar didn't hurt either. To celebrate his nuptials, Dustin Weaver gives us a wrap-around cover featuring members of the X-Men and Alpha Flight along with some other people in the park. It's a great day for Northstar and Kyle.

Here's one for social justice and equality. What do you think? Thanks for looking comic fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment