Friday, May 25, 2012

Spaceman #1 Review

I remember about Spaceman the day it was released and reading tweets about it being only $1 and at least worth trying. My shop didn't have any left or didn't order any left. Either way I couldn't get my hands on a copy. After that though, I never heard anything else about the series. That was until I found this first issue when I visited a new shop while doing some travelling.

Brief sidenote: whenever I travel, I always check for the closest comic shop. I take pictures of the storefront and buy something to support our shops. The only times I've never purchased anything was from a shop that didn't really have many comics left as they were pretty much a gaming shop.

Back to Spaceman. I had no idea what this book was gonna be about. But I'll try out a lot of books and for $1, what do I really have to lose? Well in this case, I only lost the time it took to read it because I didn't like it. I really didn't. I couldn't wait until I could put the book down.

I didn't care for the story of this genetically engineered being man sent into space and all that. I wasn't feeling the art either. This one just isn't for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment