Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Cover of the Week

Happy New Comic Day! Good comics. Good weather. Sounds good to me. Previous weeks have seen a lack in the amount of nice looking covers to choose from. Well my comic book family, I'm glad to say that we're presented with several cool pieces this week. I actually had to mull over some choices. I haven't had to do that in weeks.

Contenders for the weekly crown include Mike Deodato Jr., Amy Reeder, Marco Checchetto, Steve McNiven, Adi Granov, and Clayton Crain. I let them slug it out for a few rounds. But like Highlander, there can be only one. Ladies and gentlemen of comicdom, I present your champ for the week, Amy Reeder's Batwoman #8. There's no victory speech or post-fight interview, just discussion.


I really shouldn't say much about this cover. It speaks for itself. But silence doesn't always work well in a post. It's just a beautiful. I first came across this on tumblr, a place where I spend an absurd amount of time. I love how Kate is posted up on the building. Well this is the Bat-family, so I should say she's brooding. The rain looks amazing. I like the red standing out amongst the background's black, white, and gray. Lovely lovely.

Thanks for joining me and dealing with my unexpected boxing references. I'm not even a fan of boxing, but it's okay. Thoughts or comments? You know where to put them. Keep it nerdy my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment