Saturday, January 21, 2012

Current Pull-List (updated 12-28-11)

There was a quite a gap of time inbetween my pull-list updates. The late December date listed is when I actually updated it at my shop. The biggest changes are with DC Comics. You know, the New 52 and all. I'm already missing my two favorite DC titles Power Girl and Steph Brown Batgirl. This will give you an idea of my reading tastes. So take a look. The discussion continues after.

Marvel:
Amazing Spider-Man
Astonishing X-Men
Avengers
Avengers: X-Sanction
Avenging Spider-Man
Black Panther: The Most Dangerous Man Alive
Carnage, U.S.A.
Daredevil
Invincible Iron Man
Journey Into Mystery
Magneto: Not A Hero
Moon Knight
New Avengers
Secret Avengers
Uncanny X-Force
Uncanny X-Men
Wolverine & The X-Men
X-Men Legacy
X-Men

DC:
Batgirl
Batman
Batwing
Batwoman
Birds of Prey
Blue Beetle
Catwoman
Detective Comics
Gears Of War
Green Lantern
Green Lantern Corps
Huntress
I, Vampire
Justice League
Mister Terrific
Supergirl
Wonder Woman

Image:
The Activity (Previews pre-order)
Invincible
Shinku
Spawn
Walking Dead
Witchblade

IDW:
Cobra
Ghostbusters
G.I. Joe
G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero
Snake Eyes

Dark Horse:
The Immortal (Previews pre-order)
The Strain (Previews pre-order)

Dynamite:
Nowhere Man (Previews pre-order)

Included are the titles I pre-ordered after picking up the October issue of Previews. You will hear this often, but pre-order people. It's good for everybody. This along with updating your pull-list will keep you in the loop. I failed to do this on many occasions, which has resulted in the search of many books. IDW's Ghostbusters is the main example. Anyone can tell you how much I love Ghostbusters and I was excited for them to come back monthly. However, I got too busy and forgot to take steps to insure my copies and ended up having to back-issue hunt the first four issues.

I'm a bit behind in some titles, so those books are still piling up. A couple of those questionable titles are Journey Into Mystery and Invincible Iron Man. I've actually had Mr. Stark's adventures on the chopping block for a while but never made the cut. But I've been quite productive in catching up as of late.

For DC, Catwoman is likely to disappear. I'm just not feeling it so much. I've been giving it a few issues though. I'm actually liking Birds of Prey more than I thought I would. Batgirl and Wonder Woman are still on a trial basis. I've only been reading DC stuff for a few years, so I never had much exposure to Babs outside of the cartoon. I miss Stephanie Brown. Her Batgirl book was my favorite DC title pre-relaunch. I've gained a lot of respect for WW in recent years. That's about it for questionable titles from them.

Sadly, a few of these titles will be removed and not of my choice. Those being Black Panther and Mister Terrific. It sucks when Black-led titles get cancelled. It would seem Marvel just doesn't know what to do with Black Panther at times. And I was really digging Mister Terrific's solo adventures. I would have preferred another artist though. But I was enjoying his spotlight.

So there you have it funny book lovers, my official updated and slightly expensive, but fun, pull-list. Any comments are welcome. Thanks for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment